Thursday, April 30, 2009

Middle 3 - 7

Ran the middle 3 today. 18:47. A little slower than 2 weeks ago.
3 out of 5 days of speed work took their toll, but under 19 so I'm happy with it.
I felt good too, good pace, rythm, no injuries or tightness. Negative split.
Craig M, Jay and Tom also ran it. Craig was just behind me, he's recovering from an ankle sprain and a cold.

As I was aproaching the two mile mark, just before the country club. A lady runner came flying down the road from my right and got about 100 meters ahead of me. She was moving good. This is my favorite part of the course and she was a good target to pass before speer. I pushed it and passed her about 3/4 way down. That help push me for a negative split, I did 2:45 on that route.

We ran easy on the way back and then Tom picked it up from Colfax. I took the bait and we did 6:20 the last mile. I felt good at the finish too.

7 Miles total 50:47.

Garmin Watch Data for Middle 3

Congratulations to Zach who ran his first sub-6 mile today and had a PR at the Cherry Creek JV championships today. He ran a 5:54. It was very exciting because he wanted to go sub 6 and had to run under 90 seconds the last lap to get there. I left work early and got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment