Monday, March 2, 2009

Wash Park - Easy 7

Ran the Wash Park 7 mile run today with Craig M. Dave, Tom and Jay started with us but did the Cheesman 4 mile. Jeff would out for 9.5 around the park.

Nice day, 60's, no wind and Sunny.

Told the guys on the run about the whooping guy (made a whoop sound when her ran) from the race yesterday who cut the course and I passed him twice without him passing me. I thought he was going to try to collect an award for the 60+ age group, but he was just running the race for fun or got hurt. He didn't sound good when he was running that's for sure but didn't look hurt after the race and was watching the awards. Not sure what I would have done had he collected an award for that, probably have confronted him personally before going to the race officials but on an out and back race, a lot of people would have seen him cut the course.

A friend of mine in high school did that at a state golf meet, turned in another golfer for cheating on his score card, he took a lot of heat for that later. I had forgotten about that until yesterday after the race.

Craig M and I talked about half marathon training and training in general. He's looking at training for the Colfax Half Marathon in May.

My legs were heavy, no energy. Not really that sore. Also very tired energy wise. I hope I can squeeze out a good track workout tomorrow before my rest day.

7 Miles 54 Minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment