Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rest Day

Rest Day from running. I did get out and walk the dogs for about a mile and a half. Gina had to work today, so I did a bunch of stuff around the house (10 items on my to do list).

I took Zach over to Runners Roost to get some new running trainer shoes and some spikes for the track. They have a package special for high school track, where if you buy trainers and spikes you get half off the spikes, 3 pack of running socks and a bag. Zach talked him into trading the bag for more socks. Zach also wears down under inserts. I used my 3rd place in my division award coupon from last weeks race to get $5 off of those and some Gu. Not bad for $175, probably saved about $40 total. Zach is running the mile and maybe a relay for JV, he's in 9th grade at Smoky Hill High School.

When we got home, Zach went for a 4 mile run around the neighborhood with a friend of his who is also in track. I let him use the Garmin and the HRM. His Max heart rate jumped to 209 at the finish. Oh to be young again...

Garmin watch data for Zach's Run

No comments:

Post a Comment