Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday - 10 Miler

Got up early to do a 10 Mile run in CC Park. Wanted to do 2 - 6 - 2, with the 6 being up tempo, but not real hard and the 2's being easy. It was colder this morning, but not like it was supposed to be. I probably overdressed a tad, but nice to have tights on my calf's. The first 2 was easy, I was sore from running 5 days in a row probably. Used to be no problem but with the injuries I've had, that's the most days in a row for probably 2 months. Anyway, it took me a while to loosen up. I was very aware of my calf's and told myself I would stop at any sign of tightness.

I wore my Heart Rate Monitor, curious what my heart rate was for the easy part and for the up tempo.

Around 140 for the first 2, then up to 151-160 for the up tempo (7:15 pace = 160 bpm). Then around 130 for the last 2.5 miles. I met Jill at the picnic area next to the dog run at 8:30. I was a bit late and didn't quite get 8 in before I met her. 7.5, but it was 2.5 back to the Library so ended up with 10.

Jill and I talked a bit about races and training and stuff like we usually do. It was nice and relaxing. Then I had to get home and get everything ready for the superbowl party. Expecting around 40 people tonight. Lots to do.

10 Miles 1:23:35

Garmin Watch Data for Run

No comments:

Post a Comment