Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cheesman Intervals - 4 - 1/2 Mile Repeats

Ran Cheesman Intervals today with Matt. Dave C. ran to the park with us but opted out of the intervals fo a lap in the wrong direction with Paul then headed back.

Matt and I did 4 1/2 mile intervals. (The long sections of the park north/south) with recovery on the short sections (east/west) 1/4 of a mile.

Here are my 1/2 mile interval splits.
1 - 2:53
2 - 2:51
3 - 2:49
4 - 2:51

Matt was about 5 seconds ahead of me on all but the first one. He was running strong and smooth. I felt like I was struggling a tad on the uphill on the last one, but those are fast splits for me and I didn't want to go too hard due to Saturday's race. 3 days to recover.

I wore my Garmin and my HRM. My heart rate got up to 175 on the uphill part of the intervals,
dropped below 120 for the recovery. Max Rate was 177

Garmin Watch data for Intervals

FYI, I Rebuilt my laptop with a new hard drive and got my Garmin Watch Setup on it finally, almost back to normal. Luckily the web site stores previous workouts so I did not lose my history on my laptop. I'm starting to believe everything should be stored on line. Come on G Drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment