Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snowshoe for 2.5

The Denver area got hit with another snow storm Tuesday night. Tough commute home last night and snowed all night into the next morning. So I worked at home. I had Yoga on my schedule, but with 8 inches of snow on the ground and no Yoga classes at my house. I decided to go for a lower impact cardio workout. Running with Snowshoes. Plus I finally got to test out the snowshoes I got for Christmas.

In the afternoon the sun came out and it was melting quick. Gina and I took the dogs to the fields behind smoky hill high school. There's 2 football/lacrosse fields that are usually empty. I ran a figure 8 course (about a third of a mile). Lucy ran laps with me, Levi stayed near the trees and chased bird shadows.

Good workout, I was breathing hard, especially in the deeper, wetter snow. I almost tripped a couple of times, when I'd get fatigued and not get the tips up. After a couple of laps, I had a nice packed path though and it made it easier. I was concerned my quads might be sore if I did too much and it would impact my running the rest of the week.


2.5 Miles - Snowshoe Running.

It's warming up and melting quick, Thursday and Friday look good and Sunday for my last long run before Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment