Saturday, September 5, 2009

Medium Long Run at a slow Pace

15 Miles today at a slow pace, around 9.
Got up early and drove to Kennedy Park and ran from there toward downtown right at sunup - 7.
Jill was parked there, she had been running since 5:30 am.
There was a really cool moon.

Thought I'd see Jill on the way back and would do a few miles with her, but I got to CC Mall (7 miles) and didn't see her. I hung out across from the car wash a bit to see if I'd catch her there, She usually stops there for water. After stretching, I figured I'd missed her so I ran back.

Felt some twinges in my right calf. I have put in a lot of miles this last week going back to Sunday. So I slowed down again.

When I got back to the parking lot I saw Jill was still parked there, that meant she was still running. I got a bit worried so I went back down the hill and ran back about a mile and found her. She had done 24 and was fine, but done. We walked a bit talking about the relay to the cars.

I messed up my Garmin at the car wash. Of note it is 7 miles from the Kennedy Park top of the hill to CC Mall before you turn west.

15 Miles about 2:15.
64 Miles for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Kinda like cheatin' putting 2 long runs from 2 weekends into the same week! See you on Friday somewhere along the route!

    ReplyDelete