Friday, January 9, 2009

Setback?

It's Friday, but no duck pond run for me today.

I woke up and my calf was tight and sore, felt like a golf ball was inside my calf muscles. Hurt to walk. I knew as soon as I woke up and walked to the bathroom this morning there would be no running today. It was sore after yestedays run so I massaged it (with the machine), iced it and slept with a double wrap on it.

One reason for doing this blog is so I can look back and learn from my previous experiences and or mistakes. Was running 7 yesterday a mistake? It feels that way today, since it hurts more and it is tighter than it's been since my massage. But yesterday was great for conditioning and my mental well being so if I can run again soon, maybe not. Time will tell.

Really didn't feel like working out today, but went to the Y anyway, did some weights and some cross training. 10 minutes each on the bike, elyptical and rowing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment