Thursday, January 28, 2010

Middle 3 - 18:21

Ran my First Middle 3 Tempo run of 2010 today. 18:21
My goal was 18:30 so I beat that, with a little help with the traffic lights and Jay.

I was the only one to run the middle 3 today. Craig C ran out with me, but didn't go hard.
Tom and Jeff went around wash park for 9.5, Craig ran back with them. Scott went around wash park at tempo pace. Jay got there late and ran some with Tom/Jeff/Craig, then doubled back to meet me at Downing about 6 / 10 of mile from the finish.

Jay started running about a half block ahead, so it gave me someone to chase through the last half mile and a boost that brought me under 18:30. Thanks Jay. We had a good kick up the last hill to the finish under a 6 minute pace.

I hit all 4 traffic stops which helped keep my pace fast. Oddly my fastest split was the uphill by the country club in 2:50. The hill workouts must be paying dividends cause I flew up that hill, usually the slowest split of the 6. I ran down it in 2:55

It was a cold, cloudy day, but the streets were clear from a light dusting of snow last night, good traction, better than last weeks middle 4.

Garmin Watch Data for Middle 3

7 Miles 50:21

No comments:

Post a Comment