Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Congress Park 5.25

Ran the Congress Park route today with Alicia. I had a 1:00 meeting so no Yoga today and I took Monday off, so a short easy run was on the schedule. Not too sore from the hills yesterday and the half, but wanted an easy run. Alicia had an hour easy run too, so she did some treadmill work and then met me at the Y.

We left the Y at 11:45 so I could get back for my 1:00 meeting and still run Congress (5.25 miles easy). Also didn't want to get caught up in the faster group pace was a added bonus for an early start.

Hadn't run with Alicia for a while, it was nice to catch up. She has a very tough 1/2 ironman schedule with many Brick workouts and endurance stuff. She had a 6 hour workout on Sunday, 4 hour bike and 2 hour run. She's amazing and dedicated to her sport and fitness. She's planning on doing a 1/2 ironman in Nevada the same weekend as Boston. Also she's doing Moab with our group. So she's on a tough schedule.

We had a good run, parts of Cheesman are still frozen over though, some bad spots where we stopped to walk through them. She's smart and cautious not risking injury on a recovery run. Unlike me who turns around to talk and runs backwards and falls on the ice on New Years Eve.

5.25 Miles 44:58.

Had a good massage on Tuesday night, Tara found some knots in my calfs and worked through them. I think I need to visit the accupuncturist next week for some preventive medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment