Thursday, June 4, 2009

Middle 3

Ran the Middle 3 today. 17:57. Fastest time since 10/4/2008. Last middle 3 was 5/7 and I improved by a minute over that, but I had 2 races (10k and 12k) since then.

Only 4 of us ran it today (Pete C, Craig C and Jeff). Pete's first middle 3 in a while, Jeff too.

Nice day, temps in the 60's a bit humid but it felt good to me, partly cloudy. I felt good the whole way, but did have 3 traffic stops with 1 long one at speer on the way back (due to construction the light is longer). I was 5:58 at the 1 mile and 9:09 at the turn around, so I ran a negative split by 11 seconds which is also encouraging. I held back a bit at the end, where I think I could have pushed it had I had some friendly competition or really wanted to go for a PR, but early in the season with lots of running this weekend. Don't want an injury and I don't want to set the bar too high. :)

Garmin Watch Data for Middle 3

Total 7 Miles 49:57

Briefly saw Mark Brown at the Y, he's doing the Micleson Trail Marathon in South Dakota this weekend. Good luck Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment