Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th! 15.2 Long Run

Ran 15.2 this morning. My first long run in a while, not counting half marathons.

Ran from my house over to CC Park, ran the trails, the Marina, the lower dam path, bike path, the woods and then back home via Bellview and chambers.

I left around 8:30, it was a cool morning and forecast for a cool day so I took my time getting ready.

Around mile 9, by the Marina my left Achilles was hurting, on the outer side near the ankle. I stopped about mile 11 at the stream and soaked it in the cold water for about 5 minutes. That helped get me home.

It was a slow run and the Achilles is not a good sign, I iced it when I got home. Not sure where that came from although the left heel has been sore for a while, going back to Boston training.

Garmin Watch Data for Run

15.2 Miles 2:14:41
37.5 Miles for the week coming off a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment