Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Manual HS Track

Went to the Manual HS Track today with the group. I wanted to do 5-6 miles normal pace, but we had a big group (*) and about half wanted to go to the track. Jay pushed us over the edge so we went. I was just going to run easy around the track, but ended up doing 2X400 (74-78) and 1 800 @ 2:59. I didn't have my track watch, had my Garmin and it wasn't set up for intervals, so I had no idea how fast I was doing them other than mile pace which isn't very good for shorter intervals.

I didn't want to do 2 speed workouts yet, but at least it was a short one, so should be good for middle 3 with a rest day tomorrow. My knee thing came back this morning, feels like it's a bit hyper extended and swollen. It's worse when I'm sitting at my desk with my legs bent and get up to walk around.

It turned out to be a nice day and a good workout with a good group.
On the way back, I mentioned something about a book I'm reading "Born to Run", turns out half the group was either reading it, or had just finished it. Scott was in Leadville, during one of the races talked about in the book.

6 Miles with 1 mile of Speed work

Garmin Watch Data for Workout (stopped my Garmin about 1.2 miles short of the Y).

No comments:

Post a Comment