Monday, May 11, 2009

In for St. George

I'm in for the St. George Marathon October 3rd, so let the journey begin. I already booked a hotel for October 2-4th. Now I can layout a Marathon schedule. I added it to my race list on the right. This race will best fit my current schedule/races and running style so I'm psyched about getting in. Goal is to qualify for Boston - sub 3:30:00.

I ran 7 today with the group at lunch. Andre, Matt, Jay and myself did the 7. Tom, Pete, Matt and Craig C went Congress. Jeff ran to colfax. I told everyone how Jeff sandbagged me in the race on Saturday, everyone was impressed with his race given the last 6 weeks.

It was a good run, nice temp with sun. We picked up the pace after the first couple of miles and really picked it up the last mile.

With Colfax coming next Sunday, I'm going to mix up my schedule this week to allow myself to recover and go into Sunday with fresh legs (hint to my teammates...). So probably an up tempo 7 with Matt and Tom tomorrow and them maybe a medium distance (9 ish) run for Wed or Thursday with a couple of rest days before Sunday.

I might pace Jill for a mile tomorrow after work at the track, and I have a massage tomorrow so it should be a good "run" filled day.

7 Miles 53:58.

No comments:

Post a Comment