Friday, September 3, 2010

Pre State Course - 5 Miles

I ran 5 Miles on the Pre-State Cross Country Course today. Did the course once then tacked on another couple of miles. The course is at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds. I worked a half day at home, then went out and ran the course then stayed till about 5:30 to help them mark the course for the pre-state meet tomorrow.

It's a tough course. I ran it in 24:24. Not racing or tempo, but faster than normal pace. Some tough hills including the powerline hills. I ran it before it was marked so when I helped mark it I knew some places too cone or rope off to keep the runners from going astray.

It was hot, mid 80's. Interesting and kind of fun setting up the course with fencing, cones, flags.

The meet tomorrow is huge for Colorado Cross Country. 130 Schools, 2000 runners. 6 Varsity waves and 2 open waves. 9:30 - 12:35. Zach runs at 11:30 in the 5A Boys Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment