Sunday, September 26, 2010

Long Run 20.1

Ran a long run at CC Park today. Same route as my last 2 20's. Went much better today. I ran easier, left leg did well till the last couple of miles where I could feel it getting tight. Pace was much better today, even though I still had that cough and some congestion in my chest. I really only coughed when I stopped for water or to use the bathroom.

It was a good long run, about where I'd like to be for my first 20 miler, not my last 20 miler before a marathon. Comparing the pace to my last long run before Boston it was about 25 seconds per mile slower. It did get warm the last hour. I left at 7 am, should have left at 6:30. First couple of miles were chilly, then it was great till about mile 16 then it was hot but not brutal like previous long runs. It was a beautiful fall day. Blue Skies, leaves starting to turn. Calm Blue lake with a full moon setting over the clear mountains.

So, I'm not sure if I want to do the Denver Marathon. This workout was kind of in between and didn't really convince me either way. I will think about it, maybe run 15 or so at Marathon Pace next week and decide.

20.1 Miles 50.1 Miles for the week.

Garmin Watch Data for Long Run

No comments:

Post a Comment