Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Treadmill Intervals 7 X 800

Ran treadmill intervals at the Y at lunch.
Did 7X800 at a 2:56 pace with a 400 recovery.
Started with 1 mile warm up and a finished with a 2 mile cool down.
Did a 1/2 mile at 1/2 marathon pace 6:55 during the cool down.
8 Miles total 66 Minutes

First time to use the new treadmills at the Y. They have some nice features (fans, tv's) but I don't like the controls and displays as much as the others. I messed up the workout 3 times. The transition from fast to slow was awkward.

I drove past the Manual HS track this morning and there was 4 inches of snow on it still, which I figured but thought I'd check just in case, so I did treadmill intervals instead.

I had an acupuncture treatment this afternoon with Alison. It went well, my calfs are doing ok, mainly preventative. She found a few tight spots (as does Tara the masseuse) and treated them with needles and electricity. She gave my right knee a little extra attention too with some deeper needles and more electricity. She told me I was tough for taking all that punishment, I told her it will be worth it if I can run and train without injury. They were sore after.

No comments:

Post a Comment