Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cheesman 4 Miles Easy

Ran the 4 Miles to Cheesman Park, actually to the Middle 3 Start. Chatted with the guys before they ran the middle 3 then ran back. Jeff, Scott, Craig and Tom did the Middle 3. A beardless Craig M did the middle 5 thing he does. Dan ran out to the park with us, 3 days in a row for him. He was transporting tons of Ben-Gay with him on his calfs. It's Tax Day and there was a Tea Party going on at the Capitol, so he was fired up about that.

A nice easy run. I feel good, getting lots of energy and the legs are feeling fresher. I had a nice massage on Tuesday and went to Yoga yesterday, stretch and talked with Gerry, a former runner now biker who has done Boston several times and went out there a lot to visit his kids in college. He had some good tips and stories. He also sent me this link with a view of Boston from the Spectator's view.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/030418&wwparam=1271167681

Fun talking to Craig, Scott and Jeff about Boston. They have all done it. They mainly talked about the bathrooms and the crowds. Craig said I should go for it and set out at a 6:30 pace. I told him if I did that I'd be sitting in Newton saying.... "OK I'm done".

I plan to take my laptop and might do a few blogs, but looks like a busy weekend. I'm getting excited, but the nerves and what if's are starting to pop in and out of my head.

4 Miles 31:58

No comments:

Post a Comment