Sunday, October 18, 2009

11 Miles at CC Park

Ran through Cherry Creek Resevoir Sate Park (CC Park), later this morning. 10 ish. Got a late start, but the only hurry was too beat the heat. Forecast was for low 80's, in mid October, what a contrast from last weekend.

I wanted to do 10 easy. Ended up closer to 11. Wasn't sure where the 10 mile turn around was.
I ran from home, over by the old library, path all the way to the main road and then over toward the porta potti. I noticed at about 4 1/2 miles they had finished the trail improvements through the marshes there, so decided to take it back to check it out. Turns out it is really nice through to the bridge, the trail is wider and smooth with small gravel.

Went to the porta potti just past 5 miles across the little bridge, then tacked on some. Wasn't sure where the 10 mile turn around point was. I guess it is at the road crossing, cause I went all the way to dirt road before the Marina and that was too far.

Nice day, got warm on the way back, my pace dropped down on the hills coming back in the heat but that was fine. Not ready to push it, 2 weeks after a marathon. Just wanted to get some distance.

I thought about the Denver Marathon a lot, my big crash and burn last year and how low I was. Also thought about the 4 hour + Marathoners this year in the heat and how that hurts and the heat exaggerates it so much.

I'll be in Maryland (Germantown area) this week for work. Hope to get a couple of runs in this week on some trails there, I'll try to blog but it's going to be a busy week and trip.

Garmin Watch Data for Run

11 Miles 1:36:04

No comments:

Post a Comment