Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moab Training Week 2

Monday - It was cold, 10 degrees and 6 inches of snow on the ground. It had quit snowing and the sun was out but it was still really cold, so I decided to run inside on a treadmill for the first time in almost a year. I contemplated skipping the run and making it up when it warms up and dries out later in the week, but decided to hit the hamster wheel for 6 at the Y. Actually felt ok on it and did 6.5. Matt dropped by on his way outside, he and Bob were going to run outside today. I saw Pete on the treadmill next to me for a while doing some sprint intervals and then some quarters. I started my pace at 7.0 and increased it a 1/10 every mile with a max speed of 7.6.

Tuesday - Treadmill 800 Intervals at the Y, still very cold but the sun was out. I was dreading this workout all morning, having spent 6.5 miles on the treadmill the day before and my first interval work in about 3 months. But once I got warmed up with a mile easy and then did my first interval I felt good. I did 5X800 with a 1/2 mile recovery between. The 800's were slower than I'd do on the track but a good starting point. I increased the pace 1/10 MPH per interval from 9.0 to 9.4 (3:10 pace). Matt was on the treadmill next to me doing a tempo workout. My workout was better than I was expecting, the intervals make the treadmill time go by quicker.
6 Miles total.

Wednesday - Yoga. Tough Class, some tough binding poses

Thursday - Warmed up to 57, Ran the Middle 3 under Icy/snow packed roads with Tim. I took a few seconds off from last week 19:46 for the tempo 3. Ran on the sidewalks more and got a couple of traffic stops. Tim's running Moab too and starting to train for it. Craig C met us on the way back and ran with us back. 7 Miles with 3 at tempo.

Friday - Easy Duck Pond 5 Mile run with the group. Most of the group did the 7 mile golf course but I kept it to 5 to keep my miles down and recover before my long run Sunday.

Saturday - Rest day, easy dog walk after wrestling tournament with Zach

Sunday - Long Run 11 Miles. Did an out and back to CC Park around Noon. Temperature in the 50's with some clouds. Ran on the bike patch which was icy/snow packed in spots that were shaded. Had a pretty good pace for the first 5 miles where it was dry. Faded a bit but finished strong on the last mile up the hill to the house.

Weekly Mileage 35.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment