Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Moab Training Week 6

This week I was supposed to get back on track (literally) and ramp up my running quantity and quality. Ummm Not so much...

Monday - I worked through lunch time workout. I was tired, drained and the weather was not so good with a cold front moving in. No excuses really, Superbowl party probably had an effect. Decided to switch my off day this week.

Tuesday - Worked at home, very cold and snow all day. I got into a work project and bagged the workout which was going to be intervals on the Treadmill 9X800. I really felt guilty later as I was shoveling 6 inches of snow out of the drive.

Wednesday - Did a double workout to make up for Monday and Tuesday. Went to the Y at lunch and ran 5 miles on the treadmill with 4X800 at 3:05 and 1X400 at 87. Then straight into yoga class for an hour. I was sweaty and the class was packed. Good class, my back was kinda stiff at first from the shoveling, good to stretch it out. Legs were fine except my left foot kept getting toe cramps on some of the balance poses and my hips were tight on the one legged poses.
5 Miles with 2.25 of speed plus 1 Hour Yoga.

Thursday - Wash Park 9.5 (Up Tempo) Feeling guilty about my lack of training and wanted to push myself, I took Matt up on his offer to go around wash park at lunch. Warmer with sun temps in the 30's, I wore shorts but I think I was the only runner I saw in shorts. Slushy, snow packed, some dry road and sidewalk. Tom, Bob, Matt and I started, the pace was up tempo from the start. Tom took the path, I followed Bob and Matt to wash park and around the park on the outer road (2.5 miles ). Good run, I had a 7:15 - 7:25 pace on the dry pavement and around 8 on the snow, but I tanked on the way back, running on the snow uphill my pace slowed. Matt finished strong.

Friday - Golf Course 7
Good golf course run with Andre and Matt. Sunny and warmer, stuff is melting but had to run the road next to the Golf Course. Right Calf was still sore from yesterday.

Saturday - Snowshoe in mountains. Went snowshoeing at the Moffut Tunnel with in the mountains with Matt from work and Sean. My first real snowshoe workout outside the neighborhood. Was a good workout, with 1800 feet of elevation gain. Starting at 9,200 feet up to 10,900 total of 7.3 miles in 3:15 . We stopped just before the tree line. Fun, but real cold and windy before you got in the trees then is was really nice. Lots of skiers and showshoers on the trail. I burned a lot of calories, I got hungry like 3 times, my legs were pretty tired also. Garmin Data for Snowshoe

Sunday - Long run 14. Ran an out and back to CC Park. Ran on the path to the road and then ran the road up to the west park entrance then back the same way. A few sections of the path were snow packed or slushy. Temperatures in the 60's with sun. Short sleeve weather for sure. I felt good, a bit sore from yesterday, especially my back and my right calf. About 3 1/2 miles into the run my right calf got tight. I stopped at 5 miles to stretch and ice it with snow. Then felt better and I had a nice pace up the hill catching some runners from behind. Overall my pace was good for miles 4 -9 where the path was dry or the road. But my calf kept tightening up. I stopped again at mile 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13.5. To ice it with snow and stretch it some. I think I would have had a great long run if not for the calf. The last 3 miles were slow and pretty painful. I might have pushed too hard with the snowshoeing yesterday. I hope I did not set back my training / progress.


Weekly Summary 4 Days, 35.5 Miles and 7.4 Mile Showshoe.

Congratulations to Zach for winning his Age Group Sunday and the Valentines 5k race at Wash Park. His first race since the state meet in October and coming off wrestling. 19:24. A good starting point for track season.


Lisa, Zach and Courtney Valentines Day 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment