Monday, February 4, 2013

January - A good start

I had a good month running in January.  The weather in Denver, overall was really good for running outside.

I ran 175 miles, not as many as when I was training for Boston in 2010, but still a lot for this time of year.
I did weekly long runs of 13 and 2 15s at the highline Canal , and mixed in some 10 mile runs during the week, also did weekly tempo runs and speed work at the track.  I am getting some speed back,

I ran the Frosty Frozen 10 mile race in Littleton, CO on January 19th.  A fun race on a pretty fast flat course along the Platte River, out and back from Hudson Gardens.  It was a nice day in the 50's with sun, so I ran in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  I ran better than I thought 1:12:50, a 7:17 pace.  4th in my age group behind Coach Manley (SHHS) and Patrick Ruddy (Pickled Prostate teammate).  I was hoping to break 1:15 so I felt good about it.  I plan to run the Snowman in February with a goal to take 2 minutes off that time for the same course.

Results from the Frosty's Frozen
http://winterdistanceseries.com/Frosty/results-photos-and-media/2013-results-10m/

Frosty's Frozen Jan 19,2013
The lady behind me and I played leapfrog several times

No injuries or issues.  My knees have been a bit sore, but with the extra miles, it comes with the territory.

I have gotten my weight down to 151, by the end of January, lost 8 pounds for the month.  Targeting 145 before Moab.

On the last day of the month, we ran an old fashioned middle 3, the wash park route.  Nice day, it was fun.  I felt good and ran a 19:01 for 3 miles.

So a good finish to a month that was a good start for the year.  6 weeks to Moab.

No comments:

Post a Comment