Monday, February 18, 2013

Snowman Stampede 10 Mile Race

I ran the Snowman Stampede 10 Mile Race in Littleton, CO on Saturday February 16th.

Same course as 4 weeks ago in the Frosty's Frozen.  Weather was really good for it also, 50's with sun, only negative was a headwind of 10-15 on the way out for 5 miles.

I ran an 1:11:27, improving my time over 4 weeks ago by 85 seconds.  I was happy with that.  I tried to hold a 7:05 pace for the race.  I did that for the most part, but felt it around mile 8 so last a little pace on the last 2 miles.  I passed quite a few runners in the middle miles, so that felt good, although only 2 in the last 2 miles, everyone was spread out.  About 500 total runners, so a decent showing for the 10 mile.


Snowman Stampede 10 Mile race, heading up a slight hill about mile 4.  I felt good and tried to smile it does look a bit like a wince though.

I was 4th in my age group again and 39th overall.  This was a Colorado 10 mile championship race so some faster runners showed up .  SHHS coach Manley won the 45-49 age group again.  I think he won all 3 races and the series.  Also saw Coach Brianna, Rachel and Anna from my Yoga class there.  No other runners from my group made it this time.

2013 Snowman Stampede Results


So now I have 4 weeks to go before Moab, the plan is to train hard for the next 3, do the Running of the Green 7k for a tuneup race and taper the 4th week before the race.  I'm also on track to get my weight down to 145 before Moab, if I just stick on plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment