Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Registered for the 2013 Chicago Marathon

I have registered for the 2013 Chicago Marathon.  It is on October 13, 2013.

I also registered my son  Zach, who ran a 3:07 in Denver 2012.

I didn't have a marathon last year, so I jumped in in 2013 early with a Chicago registration.  7 Months to train.  Hope I don't burn out. :)

The web site was swamped and Active.com had a lot of technical issues, like 40,000 people trying to register on the same day.  It took me a few tries but I got us both registered.  The suspended the registration after I got in and said they have 15,000 spots left and will re-open it in 2 days.  It's crazy how quickly the big city Marathons are filling up.  I remember you used to have months to decide and register and now it's days.

Anyway, I'm in with a BQ qualifier as a goal, not that I will do Boston again, but that's a good goal with the faster qualifier times.  3:25

Snowing hard in Denver now, as I blog this.  Might have to adjust my training schedule this week for the snow storm.  Makes me long for the summer long runs at  5:30 am before it gets too hot.  Those will come soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment