Monday, August 5, 2013

Evergreen Town Race - 10K


I ran the Evergreen Town Race on August 4, 2013.  I ran a really strong race with a nice pace and finally broke 40 minutes in the 10K.  I ran a 39:30, taking 2 minutes off of my Bolder Boulder 10k PR 2 months ago.  I finished 54 overall and 5th in my age group (10 year age groups 40 - 49).

Zach ran a strong 37:22, also a PR and taking 2 minutes off his Bolder Boulder time.

I ran behind Mike from our Pickled Prostates 2012 team.  We stayed together on a bout a 6:25 pace , I was just behind him   I had 20 on my Garmin at the 5k, so that means a negative split to break 40.  I pulled away from Mike at about 3.5 miles, I dropped my pace just a bit and ran 19:30 for the second 5k with a fast finish to beat the 39:30 clock.

Really like this course, downhill with a lot of turns, canyons, meadows and trees and a creek and a really nice neighborhood to run through.  The parking for the bus pickup and the bus organization could use a little work, but the post race party is really good also.

Garmin Watch Data for Race

Evergreen Town Race 2013 Results



No comments:

Post a Comment